Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pregnancy No.2 : 1st check up at 7 weeks

I went for my 1st checkup at Tropicana Medical Center (TMC) yesterday with Dr. Dev. Menon.

TMC looks more like a hotel to me as it really don't give me the eerie feeling of being in a hospital.

I reached TMC about 10:45am. Registered myself at the registration counter. Waited about 30 minutes until a nurse attended to me asking me some personal questions and details. The nurse seems to be shocked to know that i came for my pregnancy confirmation checkup as the center focus more on the infertility issues.

Everything goes according. I had my height and weight checked. My blood pressure checked and urine checked. Everything turns out normal.

I finally meet up with Dr Menon for the very first time around 11:45am (few minutes after my supposed appointment time of 11:30am). He is a very friendly doctor and the way he talks feels good.

He did the abdominal scan and confirm that i am 7 weeks pregnant. Everything is right on track and baby is growing well. However, he found blood clog outside the sac and this troubles me a lot. He told me that it's quite normal for my age and it's mainly due to hormone. However, I became panic inside me and didn't really managed to catch what else he wanted to say after that.

I was put under medication  (Duphaston, 2 table, 3 times a day for 4 weeks) and is asked to come back to see him in 4 weeks time to check on the status.

The bill ends up a whooping RM700++ . (Consultation RM180, Abdominal scan RM100, Admin charges RM3, Medication RM400+).

I can't really rest well after coming home from the medical center. I think i will opt for second opinion from Dr. Patrick Chia in coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment